What is Anxiety Disorder
To know what is anxiety disorder you must first know what is anxiety is.
Anxiety is actually helpful response because in times of stress or in times of risk, anxiety helps you become more careful, more targeted and more alert about what is going on around you, and it can even motivate you to act or to think and solve an issue.
But it becomes difficult when the anxiety becomes constant and you hesitate about something frequently that it turns out to be a burden and it affects how you work in your work or at home.
If you want to know what is anxiety disorder, you should also know the signs. They are classified into physical symptoms and emotional symptoms.
Here is a Related Article by Psychiatry.com Below
- You feel ill-tempered
- Having an irrational danger or constant worry about something
- You become extremely vigilant, or forever looking for any signs that there may be risk lurking
- You scare simply and you are pretty jumpy
- You have an issue focusing or concentrating
- Sometimes you may feel like your mind has gone fully blank
- You can feel your heart pounding and your heartbeat rises
- You may experience headaches
- You feel faint and dizzy
- You may feel the need to urinate continually
- You may have lack of breath, and an increase in your respiration rate
- You may have an upset nausea, stomach, and even diarrhea
- You may have problem in sleeping
- You feel fatigued
- You can feel some muscle twitches
These symptoms of anxiety disorder are common symptoms. There are anyway different types of anxiety disorders which have their own symptoms and signs.
These types are generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorder.
Knowing what is actually disorder would contain having some knowledge about its treatment choices. Here are 5 possible treatments accessible:
- Behavioral therapy, mainly cogitative-behavioral therapy. As the term implies this treatment will target on cognitive and also their behavior. Its key objective is for you to get positive thoughts and to challenge the negative and irrational thoughts.
- Medications. Medications are best if it is used in conjunction with behavioral therapy. Some examples of these drugs are benzodiazepines and antidepressants.
- Complementary treatments that can support with anxiety disorders. These treatment include:
- Exercise, which is a natural worry as well as anxiety reliever
- Hypnosis is sometimes used combine with behavioral therapy and puts you in a state of deep calm
Anxiety is a terrible mental illness that affects millions of people every single day. Whether it is severe anxiety or mild anxiety it is bad in either case. Most of the time it takes more than just meds to control anxiety.
Leave a Reply